Monday, July 26, 2010

Wednesday July 14,2010

Today I woke up at 7am to get ready to fly to Durban to see our family from Gary’s side! The weather in Cape Town was quite cold and raining pretty hard! It was a 2hour flight to Durban & I slept the whole way until Leslie, Lauren and Ruth picked me up at the airport and took me to the mall where I desperately needed to go!! I went to a club in UGG boots and a scarf … a club where the girls were wearing high heels; tiny black dresses with stockings and looked like they stepped out of a vogue! Haha So I was in dyer need of going out outfits because I didn’t pack any for some dumb reason!! We had a great lunch at the mall & I got a lot of great things for my apartment as well J after shopping we had a delicious honey & nut cappuccino at this place called Woolworth’s.. So delicious!!! After our drinks we headed to Ruth & Ronnies house to say hi to Dabu (I love that name) & they showed me around their beautiful home!! We hung out there for a bit and then headed to Lauren & Nicole’s house which is also stunning! We all got ready and went to dinner at the place called Olive & Oil .. once again the food was AMAZING! I had escargot for the first time & it was actually pretty good!! I also had prawns which were delish as well as the grilled calamari and a drink called a Woo Woo J Dinner was a lot of fun, Leslie, Greg, Lauren & Nicole are such wonderful people and have made me feel at home! We drove through Durban a bit after dinner and Greg showed me some of the houses he has built which are absolutely beautiful! I was so impressed! I am excited for tomorrow because the girls have a whole day planned & I think the beach is involved!! YAY

Thursday July 15, 2010

Durban weather is amazing!!! NO WINTER? Seriously why have I not been here sooner!! Such a beautiful day today, we went to this beautiful beach in Usharka I think is the name and we walked along the board walk and saw where the fan park was, and we could also see the stadium from the beach J There was also a restaurant in this old huge ship on the coast which was really cool! We didn’t go to the aquarium though because I think we are going to go when Mom & Gary come in December YAY! We did a little more shopping and then a nice long nap when I got back to the house. Dinner was so much fun, we had lots of tasty finger foods mmm, nachos, crackers & different cheeses and jams or marmaids, different chips and yummy cocktails J It was really good to meet Greg’s parents, Peter & Jean and it was cool being with my South African family while I am away from my family at home! But after dinner they had a really special early birthday celebration for me!! SO NICE! They brought a cake and sang Happy Birthday & gave me a beautiful “21” necklace. It was so thoughtful of them & I had such a great time being able to spend a little bit of my birthday with family!! By the way the cake was DELICIOUS! & We topped off the night with my first bit of tv watching since I have been in the country!

Friday July 16

My last day in Durban L had a blast though! Lauren, Leslie, Brett and I had breakfast/lunch at the Mug and Bean Café before the flight back to CT. Greg had to come to Cape Town earlier that day so he picked me up from the airport and after he dropped me off to change we went to this really delicious seafood and Italian restaurant J I had great sushi and some really tasty pasta, and I actually had oysters for the first time and they were amazing!! We had a little more champagne as well to continue celebrating my early 21st. After dinner I was so stuffed but we went to the “Fire and Ice” motel, which is apparently famous for their milkshakes! It definitely lived up to its reputation, because the milkshakes were amazing!! After dinner I just went home & unpacked then went to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment