Sunday, February 20, 2011

First week back at Varsity :)




Wow what a week! Monday was my last first day of undergrad EVER… ah when did I get so old?! First day was a bit of a mess though, I read the board wrong and though my class was at 11 instead of ten so I missed my first marketing 2 class and went to some graduate marketing course and felt like a lost freshman when I over heard the people next me say that this was marketing research haha No worries though it only took 4 days to get everything sorted with switching courses and hopefully next week wont be so hectic. I really like all of my professors so far as well! I have such a weird schedule this semester because each day is different, but at 9am Monday,Tuesday, & Thursday I have an English class with a really funny British professor! He reads stories in all different voices and is always so energetic. I think im going to like his class.. its insane though there are about 700 people in the class!! I have gotten there late everyday so have had to sit on the steps haha. Then I have Marketing 2 which seems like it is going to be really interesting. Both professors seem nice and very smart! I think this will be a good course especially because I am thinking of going to grad school for international marketing ☺ I have that class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday at ten. For my science with out a lab credit im taking Astronomy Monday through Friday at noon, which seems really cool. I have never taken a class like it and the first week of lectures went well, I already learned so much! My professor seems really nice as well. My fourth class is People Management, which meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 2. There are four different professors for the different parts of the course and so far they seem cool as well.





It’s great being back on campus and seeing friends from last semester, and not to mention the weather has been GORGEOUS! It makes campus look even prettier than before which is very hard to believe ☺ After class Friday a group of us piled in a cab and spent the afternoon on the beach, stayed for sunset while eating dinner at this delicious restaurant Cal Cachios. My digs mate Elise and I shared a banana and avo pizza.. mmm my favourite!! Friday night was the night that the moon was the biggest it would be all year. It was so beautiful, bright and humongous haha. Saturday I went with Nix and her boyfriend Gareth to the biscuit mill and had lunch and walked around ☺ love that place! Ah they always have the BEST food!! It was so packed though because it was so nice outside. After we got back I went to the beach again with a few of my digs mates and we layed out of a few hours. There was a live concert at 6pm on the beach and we intended to stay and watch, but we def didn’t come prepared because we didn’t bring any food or drinks haha so as everyone munched on their delish picknicks they packed we all got hungry and left right after the first song lol The band was cool though, I almost wish we would have stayed a little longer but hopefully there will be another one we can go to. I designated today as my first lazy Sunday! Haha I slept in then walked to the lovely pick n pay and did a massive grocery shopping with my other digs mate matt ☺ I also cleaned my room and listened to my new Taylor swift cd about ten times lol Matt is making us baked ziti for dinner YUM! And then it’s Monday again and a new week ahead!! The first home Ikey Tiger Rugby game is tomorrow nigh!! Im so excited because Rugby is like South Africa’s football, so im sure this is going to be crazy! Can’t wait! Hope everyone has a fab week!! Chat soon ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment