Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cape Town, Round 2

Hi all :)

First of all I would like to apologize for the terrible job of keeping this blog updated … So im going to try and start over ☺ and actually keep up with it this time… sorry agan :/
Here goes…

So it’s been 5 crazy/amazing/epic/wonderful months since my last post.. Instead of making this thing 6billion pages ill spare you and just give you a quick summary of some of the things that I was very lucky to be able to do:

Hiking table mountain, biking through a national park, going to Zambia/Zimbabwe/Botswana for ten days- white water rafting, petting lions, going on two safaris, having a herd of elephants walk across the road, touring vic falls, sun set cruise from our beautiful resort with my best friends, living in Durban for 2 months learning how to be a proper South African ;) .. Having mom & Gary & Lynne Jason & the girls visit for 6weeks taking a week vaca to Cape Town doing wine tours & petting cheetas..then back to Durban for Christmas in the sun, spending New Years in Cape Town – driving to Joburg then Durban then Mozam in 2days… going to Mozambique for a week jetskiing, scuba diving and living on the beach… then getting back to Cape Town Jan 27th to meet my new roommates … (Hopefully you all know by now that I extended my semester to a year abroad)

In a nutshell there you go ☺ would have loved to elaborate more but it would honestly take a year. The photos do more talking that words ever can ☺

So here I am about to start my second semester in paradise. At the moment it is snowing like a heaven in Texas while I have spent the last 3days on the beach … very ironic!! Last semester was absolutely amazing and I am so thankful and lucky that I was able to do so many amazing things while I was in beautiful Africa! As of now I have visited 6 African countries, bungee jumped the highest bridge in the world, rode an elephant, pet a lion & a cheetah, cage dive with Great white sharks, kayaked with whales in hermanus, white water rafted on the Zambezi river, hiked two mountains, had a safari truck be stampeded by an angry elephant, watched a heard of elephants walk across the street in Botswana, watch giraffes walk along the side of the road in Zambia, scuba dive in Mozambique with sea turtles and the biggest parrot fish I have ever seen, been to a proper South African 21st, made some of the best friends I have ever had & be apart of a real South African family learning how to say Pardon instead of What ;) (Thank you so so much DeRicquebourg family, yall are amazing)… im sure that there is more I am just forgetting it because I was a bad blogger and never kept track haha. But honestly last semester changed my life and allowed me to experience things I never in my wildest dreams thought I would do. I really had the absolutely time of my life and am so excited I am able to spend 6 more months here! Last semester flew by and im sure this one will as well, so I am going to try and make the most of my time here! I miss my friends and family dearly but thankfully skype has made staying in touch relatively easy. Recently found out that my sister Brittany is coming to visit in March!! SO very excited for that, cannot wait to see her and show her around beautiful Cape Town.
So far, I love all my new room mates and new kids in the program… everyone seems really nice & our new digs (house) is awesome!! I am really happy I decided to stay another semester ☺ Registered for my last semester of classes yesterday & start school Feburary 14th!! Hopefully the next update wont be in 5months ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment